REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST for Consulting Service, Individual

Monday, November 6, 2023


Assignment Title: 

ICT Expert

Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan):



The Government of Kiribati has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the (P176108) Kiribati Digital Government Project (KDGP) – P176108, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.

The consulting services (“the Services”) include a part time ICT Expert to be based at the Ministry of Infrastructure Communication and Transportation (MICT) in Kiribati. The purpose of this consultancy is to support MICT through provision of the technical support for the implementation of its ICT projects and initiatives. The ICT expert will play a vital role in shaping the nation's digital landscape, considering the unique challenges and opportunities presented by Kiribati's island context.

 The contract for the ICT Expert will be for 10 months , with the possibility of extension based on performance and project needs. The ICT Expert is expected to be onsite 25% of the time and can be offsite for the remaining 75% of his committed time. The expert will report directly to the DTO and work closely with other stakeholders, consultants, and local communities in Kiribati.

 The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be requested through electronic mail to [email protected] &  [email protected]

On behalf of KDGP, KFSU now invites eligible individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services by submission of a Cover letter or Expression of Interest (EOI); curriculum vitae with description of experience in similar assignments, similar conditions, etc. and with supporting documents

CVs of all applicants will be evaluated as follows: all CVs will be scrutinized against the assignment’s minimum requirements (below). The CVs of candidates that meet the minimum requirements will then be scored according to the set scoring criteria. The candidate with the highest score will be invited to negotiate contract.  Referees of the preferred candidate will be contacted to verify prior experience, performance, and character traits.

The criteria for selecting the Consultant are:

Scoring Criteria


Maximum Score

1. General qualifications: general education, recent training, and experience.


2. Adequacy for the Assignment: relevant education, training, and experience in the context of ICT Expert in remote locations.


3. Experience in the Pacific Region / Kiribati.





The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, revised November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.

Expressions of interest must be delivered by e-mail to the Project Manager, [email protected]  and [email protected]  with copy to [email protected] and [email protected] no later than Wednesday 29 November 2023